Can you believe it! 2013 is almost over! Where the heck did the last few months go?
But what an adventure it’s been! A truly magnificent ride of business, pleasure and travel.
I know a lot of you will be looking ahead at 2014 already, and that’s important… but… there’s an all-important step to take before you close off 2013 just yet.
December is all about the Holidays, celebrations and the end of another year, and it’s the time of year that I like to reflect back and celebrate the successes and accomplishments of this year’s journey. If you’ve been following me for a while, then you’ll know that this is an annual ritual for me
I’d like to invite you to join me in that. Take a few moments and ask yourself:
1. What have been your accomplishments this year? (big or small, don’t hold back!)
2. What dreams came true for you this year?
3. What lessons did you learn in 2013?
Write them down, journal about them if you like.
Then… celebrate them. Look at that list and feel proud of what you have accomplished and learned this year. It’s probably been a rollercoaster of ups and downs over the year, but this is the time to celebrate those highs… and solidify them as demonstrations of just how far you have come. We’re paving the way for ‘more please’ in 2014!
Here are a few of my dreams and accomplishments:
- Expanding my services to provide more free workshops for you guys – and figuring out how to set up and present webinars (the next one is in January – take a look)
- Learning how to and launching my first online program (The Confidence Boost Project)
- More than doubling that all important ‘list’
- Securing contracts with organizations as well as private individuals
- Visiting the Great Wall of China and the Terracotta Warriors
- Successfully living and working in 3 countries in one year!
- And, of course, the impending arrival of our munchkin early next year.
Some lessons I’ve learned are:
- As an entrepreneur, finding a supportive network of fellow entrepreneurs is essential. It’s a lonely ride, and some days, even the most highly motivated of us gets down – mine comes in the form of my awesome Mastermind group and my fabulous accountability partner. Tip: get yourself one or both of these 😀
- Stretching and expanding outside of your comfort zone is tough. You encounter upper limit problems, self-sabotage and some hardcore mental battles but… it’s totally worth it when you drive on through!
What have been your accomplishments, dreams that came true and lessons from 2013?
Share them in the comments below and join me in celebrating 2013