My journey to becoming an entrepreneur has been a long one. I started out in 2009 having completed my coaching training. But in truth, I never really committed to it until 2012 when I left my job. And it hasn’t been an easy choice for me. There was a lot to figure out. There still is! But there is a reason why I do it.
I do it for love.
I LOVE what I do. Helping others with their businesses and careers and seeing the go from stuck to success is truly marvelous.
I LOVE my partner. I packed in the high paying career for love, to move to Japan with him. And my business evolved from that choice. It grew from a pastime to a full-time endeavour.
I LOVE my son. He’s the best thing that has ever happened to me. Fact. And, having the flexibility to work around him, and us, is the ultimate ‘why’ I do it.
I asked a few of my other entrepreneur buddies why they do what they do. Here are some of the responses:
– not wanting to be dependent on one income for the family, and feeling unsafe
– because you’re passionate about helping people, and you love watching the results unfold
– being role models for your children
– being able to work on your own terms, having time freedom, and the ability to work in your PJ’s if you fancy it
– wanting to do something new and totally outside of your comfort zone
– feeling the drive to help future generations excel
– not having to spend long days commuting to work and missing out on time with your children
– to keep you sane
– feeling compelled to share your gift
– because you completely love it!
Whether you are an entrepreneur or employed, consider your career. Why do you do what you do? What’s your motivation?