‘Freedom’ is one of those subjective words. The Oxford Dictionary defines it as ‘the power or right to act, speak or think as one wants’, and at it’s most basic level that works for me.
But, on a personal level, it’s more than that, and prompts today’s question:
What does ‘freedom’ mean to you?
For me ‘freedom’ looks something like this:
- being able to work flexible hours determined by me
- having a certain level of location independence so that I can travel, visit family and friends or complete contract pieces of work anywhere I choose
- feeling comfortable that I am providing for my present and my future
- having personal space for some ‘me’ time
- knowing that if I don’t want to do something, then I can choose not to, I always have a choice
- choosing who and when I wish to spend my time with
- being able to connect with others no matter where in the world I happen to be (gotta love the internet)
- if I want to eat chocolate, I can 🙂
There’s MUCH more… but it’s your turn now. What does ‘freedom’ look like to you?
And here’s a little song to get you in the mood 🙂